Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

new monitor, won't work with pci-e graphics card

• Please log in to reply

debo55

debo55

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I've been having problems with my new monitor that I just got - an ACER 22 inch widescreen - and it won't seem to work or recognize my GeForce 8600 GT graphics card in my pci-e slot. Instead, I have to plug the monitor into my onboard graphics card - a GeForce 6150. It's strange because my old monitor - a Dell 17 inch flatscreen - recognized and worked with my 8600 GT just fine. Now when I plug the digital cord into the 8600 and then the digital end into my monitor, nothing shows up. But if I plug my analog cord from my 6150 to my analog end of my monitor, it works. If I go to device manager the computer doesn't even seem to recognize that I have a 8600 in there - it just shows that I have my onboard 6150. I have been beyond frustrated because I can't play any of my games that I used to play because the 6150 is too slow.

I have not changed anything in the BIOS and the 8600 is plugged in correctly and is receiving power, as the fan is running on it. Can anyone help me and tell me why this seems to be happening? Thanks a lot!

Advertisements