Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound problems, music, but no voice.

• Please log in to reply

melody2tds

melody2tds

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For some reason when I try to play a DVD, or listen to music on my computer, it doesn't want to play the vocal line at an audible level.
For instance, i have a DVD's special features menu playing in the background, and the music quality is fantastic, but I can't hear the announcer's instructions. They're there, but they're so low that I cant hear them properly. It's worse for a movie. I can hear the soundtrack, but not the actor's lines.

I'm running windows XP, and my sound driver is SoundMAX Digital Audio. I've updated the driver, and checked all the volume settings. I just can't seem to find what the problem is, anywhere.

I'm tearing my hair out, here.... Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Advertisements

melody2tds

melody2tds

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
*bump*

still haven't been able to figure it out. help?

AnuBis

AnuBis

• Pip
  • 2 posts

For some reason when I try to play a DVD, or listen to music on my computer, it doesn't want to play the vocal line at an audible level.
For instance, i have a DVD's special features menu playing in the background, and the music quality is fantastic, but I can't hear the announcer's instructions. They're there, but they're so low that I cant hear them properly. It's worse for a movie. I can hear the soundtrack, but not the actor's lines.

I'm running windows XP, and my sound driver is SoundMAX Digital Audio. I've updated the driver, and checked all the volume settings. I just can't seem to find what the problem is, anywhere.

I'm tearing my hair out, here.... Has anyone seen anything like this before?

View Post

I'm running windows XP my self and the SoundMax Audio. I uninstalled my sound drivers and reinstalled them back and fixed the problem for me. :tazz: