Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

picasa via outlook office 97 / vista Ultimate

• Please log in to reply

magichoward

magichoward

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:) I have up to date software but every time I try to email a photo from picasa my paicassa has to close .
outlook works fine when I attach a photo .But when Im working in picasa and chose my photos o send , Outlook email windows opens and the photos attach OK and the I press send ......that when i get an error messga from picasaststing the programe will have to close, the good news is that the email shows up in my out box in outlook and when I re pess send it works ..

its just very annoying does anyone have any ideas ( I use avast antivirus )

thanks very much, this is my first day with the group

Advertisements

jacobt

jacobt

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
According to Microsoft, Office '97 is not "100 % compatible" with Vista. With this said, SendTo may be one of those features that doesn't integrate properly into the Vista environment. Depending on how important that functionality really is to you, there are a few things you could try...

-Run Office '97 repair (accessible from the Programs and Features control panel)
-Reinstall Office '97 in "Compatibility Mode" (if already installed in Compatibility Mode,
make sure you are running the application as an Administrator -- bearing in mind that for security reasons running Outlook as an administrator may be a bad idea)
-Upgrade to a "Vista Compatible" version of Outlook

I hope this helps.

Jacob

magichoward

magichoward

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i had tried most of these before ( I like to think Im pretty tech ...but im using office 2007 which should work fine with Vista ultimate shouldn't it ? could find a link for upgarding should it need it i.e upgrading to vista compatible as it should be now.
also , this may help when send a photo using the microsoft photo viewer software i have no problem so does that mean its with Vista ?

jacobt

jacobt

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Disregard then, I thought you were using Office '97. As far as I know Office '07 is compatible with Vista. I have Office '07 and it works fine. But perhaps somebody running '97 will come across this post and it will help them with a similar issue.

1.) Do you have Outlook set as the default mail handler?
-Control Panel -> Taskbar and Start Menu -> Customize (see below)
-Also accessible through Default Programs
2.) Do you have Outlook set as the default protocol handler for MailTo
-Control Panel -> Default Programs -> Set Associations

See attached images.

i had tried most of these before ( I like to think Im pretty tech ...but im using office 2007 which should work fine with Vista ultimate shouldn't it ? could find a link for upgarding should it need it i.e upgrading to vista compatible as it should be now.
also , this may help when send a photo using the microsoft photo viewer software i have no problem so does that mean its with Vista ?

Attached Thumbnails

• defaultmailhandler.jpg
  • defaultmailtoprotocol.jpg

magichoward

magichoward

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks i checked both ...they were both set correctly ...Ill tryb to post photos tomorrow of error message etc

magichoward

magichoward

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ive attached a copy of the error message
Thanks anyone for your help

P1010554.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010554.jpg