Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System restore doesnt work

• Please log in to reply

akuigla

akuigla

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,
From the other site I received a suggestion to download a Smithfraud fix and post a scan log because I was having a problem with pop up info, and notification that a program on my pc is suggesting to switch a browser.I downloaded Smithfraud fix and after few days passed without any answer Ive decided to run a Smithfraud fix myself,as administrator,not in safe mode.
That was not a good idea.
Afterwards my pc desktop screen had about 3cm black on both sides.For a moment I thought as BSOD.My home page was changed from yahoo to msn.Also remote connections were alloved???
Later on Iv discovered that my system restore doesnt work.Also,when I connected to microsoft update,I received a message that I must be logged as administrator?The error # was 0x8DDD0002
I managed to fix all but no system restore and was not able to resolve error #0x8DDD0002
Avg,MBAM and Syperantispyware didnt find any infections.
Merijn startup found a lot of programs,more than 6000,but I run that first time afterwards,not before the action of the Smithfraud fix.
If someone has a time to help it will be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

akuigla

akuigla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello Geeks :)
Is anybody there?Or all of you went fishing?Kidding, but it will be nice if anybody says that,for example waiting period is,um,let say,one year,or um,that I need to follow the some rule of posting a problem-like -.read 72 pages,register 23 times daily,make a donations or practise tai chi or yoga.Well,hopefully I will receive an answer in my life time :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello akuigla.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).