Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vital Operating Functions Failing after MS update

• Please log in to reply

iamkovax

iamkovax

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to get this computer back to condition before the shut downs occurred. Machine running fine until I installed Microsoft updates on the 14th of September. I had quite a few updates to install and when they did the machine just went downhill little by little. I went to Yahoo Messenger 8 and when I signed on I got my contact and then the machine went black and froze. I manually shut off power and restarted. Error message from Microsoft, machine has recovered from serious error....ect, may be caused by driver or new software. I had not installed anything since PC Internet TV, which I immediately uninstalled. Tried everything I know to correct problems, lost restore function, task manager, regedit and other vital functions. I finally restored machine using Compac recovery function. Updated all windows security, installed sp3 and all was well untill I tried messenger again.....same things began to occurr. This machine has never given much problem in the past...just started after the MS updates.

Thank you kindly

Attached File  mbam_log_2009_10_03__12_45_36_.txt   2.69KB   87 downloads
Attached File  RootRepeal_report_10_03_09__13_10_06_.txt   3.65KB   90 downloads
Attached File  RootRepeal_report_10_03_09__13_10_06_.txt   3.65KB   90 downloads

Attached Files

Advertisements