Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Driver Help

• Please log in to reply

Taziscanadian

Taziscanadian

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Everyone,
Was wondering if anyone had any ideas to help out here. Im trying to get the drivers for my tosiba A100, i got this computer from a friend and it had vista on it but i have since removed that and installed XP, i was able to find and load the sound and wireless drivers fine on the computer now i would just like to get the video drivers set so i can set up a second display.

The computer has a ATI video card in it and seems to be running fine, when i look at the display settings for the computer it shows no adapter > in properties it shows me a Vgasave non-plug and play.

now i have tried to install a few drivers for a ATI Radeon® Xpress 200M. which i found someone with the same issue from a year ago did but they didnt really give any likes to the one they got and the one that i downloaded wouldnt load so im calling out for some help here any thoughts idea or anyone that has come across something like this let me know and i will give it a try and if there is missing information that you would like ask and i will post it for you.

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisements

GMCS

GMCS

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
What is the complete model number of the laptop? I assume that it is the Satellite line. The model number should be A100-S****(*). What are the last five or six letters and/or numbers in the model number?

Taziscanadian

Taziscanadian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes sorry its a Satellite A100 - PSAAKC-VA104C that only came with vista basic

GMCS

GMCS

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hard to find that model number - apparently it is a Canadian model. The ATI Radeon Xpress 200m adapter seems to be correct.
Have you tried this driver. Here is another one at HP's site

Taziscanadian

Taziscanadian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
cant say that i have tried those 2 yet and the one from HP im sure i havent tried, downloading them now i will let you know how it works out.

GMCS

GMCS

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Good deal. Maybe check this first. Go into Device Manager and see if there are any other missing drivers. The graphics driver may depend on another chipset driver being present. Be sure to un install any display adapter driver (from Device Manager) before trying another one. The driver from HP is probably proprietary so I would try that one as a last resort.
Good luck