Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wirless Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply

Mark10

Mark10

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
My laptop is not detecting my wireless network. I am not sure as to why this is happening, but I have not been able to fix it. The wireless icon in the bottom right corner of the screen does not even show up, and I have no idea what is wrong. My laptop is an Acer Travelmate 2450. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Go to Start > Connect To > Show All Connections.

Is your wireless connection disabled there?

Go to Start > Run

Type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter

Do you see any red or yellow alert signs in any of the sections?

Mark10

Mark10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I'm not sure what you mean by, "is your wireless connection disabled there". I did go to my connections, but it does not even show up. And yes, when I ran devmgmt.msc I saw a yellow exclamation mark under other devices and beside ethernet controller. Could that be the problem? Thanks again.

Yudi

Yudi

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Mark,

I think you have asked this question in this forum: http://www.geekstogo...49#entry1653949.

You should see wireless network connection from network connection but if you can not see it. I think you need to install a driver for wireless adapter.

Cheers,
Yudi :)

Mark10

Mark10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Yudi, if that is so, where can I download the wireless adapter driver from? And Wander, what is your take on this?