Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nertwork Problem

• Please log in to reply

Valient

Valient

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Allright my computer has 2 network cards one that is connecting me to internet, the other I want to use to connect my friend to the internet going through my comp, anythime i try to set up a network useing the Wizard it tells me i have an error, setup is like this

Internet
Ethernet modem
my comp
his comp
Any help would be appreceated if u need more info ill give anything u need

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
What error does it give? What operating systems are you both using? Any firewalls installed?

Edited by Dan G, 14 May 2005 - 10:35 PM.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Make sure you are using a crossover cable to connect the 2 pc's together, a regular ethernet cable will not work. Enable "Internet Connection Sharing" (ICS) on the main computer with the internet and as long as there are no firewalls blocking you should be able to connect with the client computer. You do not need to run Netwok Setup Wizard in order to share internet access. If you want to also setup a network and share files amongst eachother then you need to run the setup wizard. Or just make sure both pc's are joined to the same workgroup name and have the same account created on each computer.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: