Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help, stop error blue screen & can't start in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

benzo!

benzo!

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Any help would be much appreciated. While surfing, my computer suddenly opened Adobe Acrobat on it's own and then went immediately to the stop error blue screen with the message "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I had not installed any new hardware or software. Everything was working fine until Adobe tried to start opening by itself.

My problem is that I cannot restart at all. Not in safe mode of any sort. Not when attempting to go back to the last good configuration. It always goes back to the same stop error blue screen.

It is a Dell Dimension E310. I don't have an OS CD to do an XP repair, but the PC does have built in PC restore. I don't want to do that if possible. My biggest concern is just restarting so that I can backup a lot of files I can't afford to lose (my wife's business files and personal photos especially).

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

FYI, I just found an operating system CD that came with my HP laptop. It is XP Home Edition SP2 which is the same as my Dell desktop. I don't know if that makes things easier or not. Thanks.

Edited by benzo!, 04 October 2009 - 09:20 PM.

Advertisements