Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro Installation Problem

• Please log in to reply

IndianBubble

IndianBubble

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi have bought a Dell vostro 1200. The seller loaded a pirated XP OS. I have bought XP pro OEM CD and wanted to install the same. The idea was to format the drive and then do it. I deleted the 2 partition so that only C remained and rest is unallocated.

While installing it take me to the blue screen where you get the option of installing XP or accessing the Recover Console. When I press Enter to install XP it takes me to the next screen where you should be shown the drives and any existing partition. Instaed it says No Disk In Drive. When I press enter it takes me to the next blue screen (you get this error screen usually ending with Memory Dump). It says that the system has been shut down and says that the problem might be because of sysupdd.exe.

I am also not able to format C: as am not able dismount the drive. Have tried everything (went into recovery console to format etc) but to no avail.

Please help as I urgently need to do this installation and start working.

Advertisements

IndianBubble

IndianBubble

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Please Help!!
:)