Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing drivers help?

• Please log in to reply

chris2611

chris2611

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone could help me, would be much appreciated! A friend recommended i try here,

Im using windows xp

I recently got a virus which messed up my computer and as i didnt have much stuff to loose i re-installed xp and loaded the drivers disc and everything seemed fine and workig as it should, but..i have a couple of missing drivers in device manager which have a yellow ? next to them and im not sure what they are or how to find them ect , ive searched google but no luck, the drivers are pci simple communications controller AND mass storage controller

Also i've installed all my sound drivers etc but still cant seem to get my sound working, not sure if these drivers are anything to do with it?

Thanx , Chris

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi chris2611 and welcome to Geeks to Go.

If you have the drivers disk, what you are looking for would be the mother board chipset drivers. Thats generally where the pci simple interface and mass storage would come from.

We can find them thru other means, but will need make and model of the computer. If you know the mother board manufacturer and model, that would help.
Also is it a Dell, HP, Gateway, etc. or home built?

chris2611

chris2611

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi does this help

system manufacturer - INTELR
system model - AWRDACPI

Motherboard:
CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium D 820, 2933 MHz (14 x 210)
Motherboard Name Foxconn 945G7MA Series (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Lakeport-G i945G

DIMM1: Infineon AET560UD00-370A98X 256 MB DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM (5-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

BIOS Type Award (12/28/05)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Edited by chris2611, 04 October 2009 - 12:05 PM.

chris2611

chris2611

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
anyone? please :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You didn't tell me if you looked on the drivers disk. This is where you should find them.

You also didn't tell me if it was Dell, HP, gateway, homebuilt? We could have located them easier with this info.
I am assuming a desktop computer.

Anyways, here is a link that staes it is the drivers for the Foxconn 945G7MA series. Foxconn 945G7MA
It seems to be a busy site, so keep trying.

Here is a link for the Intel 945 945 Chipset

Intel Driver Update Utility

After you get some of those in, we can look at whats left.