Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems with "My Safe"

• Please log in to reply

twins1729

twins1729

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite A-105 laptop. It has the fingerprint scanner and a "My Safe."

Every once in a while I would try and open it (when there was an error), but all I would need to do is restart. But recently, I've been having a different problem.

(BTW- My scanner works when I log into my desktop.)

When I first try to open my safe and scan my finger, it acts as if it's accepted it. Then the error message comes up.

"Fingerprint Software Error: Cannot create My Safe view object.
My Safe cannot be unlocked because its data file is currently in use or just was used by some other application. Unlocking cannot proceed until the My Safe data file is closed and removed from the operating system's file cache. This is usually a temporary condition. Wait a few seconds and try again."

It says something different when I try to right click it on my desktop and look at the properties. I try to unlock it, and the same message comes up, but with addition to this, "IMPORTANT: If this is a recurring problem, the cause may be related to antivirus."

Now, I would LOVE to get this up and running, cause I do have some files in there (and I don't really remember WHAT.) BUT I don't think that it's that important, so if there isn't a way to save it, my last resort would be to create a new my safe.

Thanks. :)

Edited by twins1729, 04 October 2009 - 11:42 AM.

Advertisements

twins1729

twins1729

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just thought I'd add that, yes, I do have a back-up password, but I forgot it. :)

Any help reseting THAT would be good, too. :)