Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot see my partition

• Please log in to reply

deadwombat

deadwombat

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, first time poster, in Brisbane Australia.
I had my hard drive partioned, into 146 and 154 gig when i bought the computer.
When i look at the My Computer creen, i only have a C drive, and various real and virtual CD drives.
I have looked in "mandage disk" etc, but it says i do have access to the remote device.
I ran Partiton Magic, and it ca "see" the rest of the drive, but i am too worried to use PM, incase i wipe the lot.
I can transfer the things i care about to a terrabyte storage, and then partition,. but i am reluctent.

ANd on an unrel;ated topic, When i listen to Youtube stuff, and it ends, i can hear faint stuff in my earphones. Very random stuff, (giggling, barking, car noises, sometimes music)i actually thought it was my kids making noise a few rooms away. I use an OLD (1970s) NAD amp, and some 1970 studio cams as my sound system, and when it happens, no one else is on line.
Is it just random signal leak from nearby, or something coming down the line, and i can hear it because i turn the stuff WAY up.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Why did you have it formatted as 146Gb and 154Gb in the first place? Seems strange. You say no drive D exists anymore?

Regarding the audio interference, it's entirely possible it's picking up a radio transmission from somewhere under ideal atmospheric conditions. Older equipment is perfectly capable of doing this. My old CRT monitor with built-in speakers occasionally used to pick up a radio transmission from somewhere very far away but I never found out what station it was, where it was coming from or what was causing it. All I know is the monitor was picking it up and acting as a radio. I no longer have this monitor because the power button broke on it so I had to throw it away partly for that and partly because it gave me bad eye strain so I had to replace it with a TFT monitor.

deadwombat

deadwombat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think the guy used a slider to partition the drives, it it was not exactly in half., i usually put all my important stuff on one drive, and the rubbish and games on another, so if i get a virus or whatever, the good stuff stays safe (as well as my back up).
I have researched this one the net, but none of the answers seem correct.
On the noise, i am wondering if it is someoens baby monitor or something. Just odd, random sounds, not like a radio station.
I like to listen to old songs and hear the background noises Like at the end of David Bowies "life on mars" you can hear a lelephone ringing in the silence, and stuff where you can hear the engineers talking.