Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop screen randomly crashes at boot

• Please log in to reply

Ewok

Ewok

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My dad has got a HP TouchSmart tx2-1100 (or 1200 i don't know)laptop with a multi-touchscreen. and sometimes at bootup the screen is divided in 3 parts with grey lines between them. the upper part is working well and the ochter 2 are extreemly faded and you can't see a clear thing. After a random amout of reboots it's working well and it doesn't crash anymore (only on bootup) and when we connect a external screen it works fine. My dad droped the laptop one time but it worked well after that. He doesn't want to do a driver update because he is convinced updates can screw his system. It had a ATI Radeon HD 3200 and an amd turion x64 2 (or something i'm not really into amd and ati).
Does someone know what kind of problem this is and how to fix it. every help is welcome and if you need to know something just ask.

Greets Ewok

PS. Sorry for my bas english i'm dutch
PPS. I don't have screenshots jet but i wil post them later on

Advertisements