Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Three positive things

• Please log in to reply

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
During some internet surfing, I stumbled upon a site that mentioned a test they tried on people who were unhappy with certain aspects of their life. Every day they got these people to write down three positives things that happened to them that day. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with where I am at the moment but I decided to adapt this mentality because I find I stress about more things then I should. It is actually rather interesting as you start appreciating some things you would have never thought of before.

It could be a bit of fun :)

I'll start

1. I managed to book my car in for the mechanic tomorrow
2. I had no major stumbling blocks for the PC's I fixed today
3. I got to sleep in an extra 15 minutes this morning :)

Your turn

Advertisements

Mr.E

Mr.E

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

During some internet surfing, I stumbled upon a site that mentioned a test they tried on people who were unhappy with certain aspects of their life

there is a movie series about this.. about people who dont appreciate their life.. lookup the saw series. very gruesome. But the ones that survive dont regret it.

its only noon but:
1. I, too, got to sleep an extra 15 minutes thismorning
2. had an easy day at work, just reformatting computers all day long.
3. got free mozzarella cheese sticks with lunch! i like cheese stix =D

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
1. I got 100% on my calculus midterm (yay!)
2. Saw a rainbow on the way to class today
3. Had Subway for dinner.. mmm :)

Mr.E

Mr.E

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

1. I got 100% on my calculus midterm (yay!)
2. Saw a rainbow on the way to class today
3. Had Subway for dinner.. mmm :)

I am doing your #3 right now. lol Italian BMT on Italian Herb and Cheese Bread.. Excellency....

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
BBQ Pork Riblet on Roasted Garlic mmm mmm

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Watched Goodfellas for the first time in a long time :)

Mr.E

Mr.E

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
heres an odd one for you...

1. found out that I'm allergic to certain fax machine toner(now i know to steer clear of it)
2. Almost had a wreck(but didnt)
3. am getting off work an hour early without geting docked in pay! xD

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
1. The tsunami that was supposed to hit New Zealand this afternoon never showed up. Yay! I get to continue with my PL's tonight
2. Tomorrow is Friday :)
3. I had coffee bought for me this morning which has been a great help

Edited by snowchick7669, 07 October 2009 - 07:50 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Waking up every morning
First cup of coffee
Life

Yudi

Yudi

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
1. I am off work today
2. Got call to pick up free bike today - yay
3. Good health

Advertisements

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
1. I didn't need stitches in my thumb after a dose of stupidity at work :)
2. It's Friday!
3. I get to have lunch with my mum

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

1. I didn't need stitches in my thumb after a dose of stupidity at work :)

oh you have to tell us what happen... I almost cut my finger off once trying to pry two frozen hamburgers apart :)

Mr.E

Mr.E

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

oh you have to tell us what happen... I almost cut my finger off once trying to pry two frozen hamburgers apart laughing.gif

ouch.. i have done the same. And in several other varieties too. Have had several pocket knives close on me and, gosh, i can't count how many times i have stabbed myself trying to pry something apart. Most of the time i would just cut my fingers but one or twice i have dropped the knife on my foot or once it slipped from what i was working on and i stabbed my side.. not bad though. Luckily it was just a butter knife that time. I have yet in my life to get any stitches.

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

oh you have to tell us what happen... I almost cut my finger off once trying to pry two frozen hamburgers apart

Haha frozen food can be quite stubborn.

Well I was using a paint scraper blade to try get a sticker off someones machine who wanted it on their new case (one of the weird requests we get). Since it was Friday I was obviously daydreaming and was trying to pull the blade toward me with my thumbs hanging over the edge of the case. Turns out when the sticker came off with the amount of pressure I was putting on the blade, it went straight into my thumb and ruined my daydream :)

My manager hates blood, so she attempted to stop the bleeding while trying to not faint. Great Friday entertainment :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Oh man I hate moving the stickers! I often "upsell" by talking the customer into seeing why a better case and power supply would help with their problems, but that means moving the sticker. This license is tied to the motherboard, so... Yeah. I hate it and always write the key down first. I have ruined more than one sticker.

Although just because it's Friday doesn't mean you have to "obviously" be daydreaming... Is that a girl thing?