Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rebooting xp problems

• Please log in to reply

benji30

benji30

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I turn on the computer and it quickly flashes on the load up screen then goes to the safemode screen and lasts for about 1 second, after that it continues to run but the screen goes black.

I have read the forum topic on how to repair xp but it wont let me reboot from the cd and when entering the boot menu its completely different from the example.

when the screen is blank it will restart when i hit ctl, alt,del is there any commands that can be used

cheers

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

You've posted some confusing information here...

I turn on the computer and it quickly flashes on the load up screen then goes to the safemode screen

How do you know it's the Safemode screen? Does it say you're running in Safemode?

I have read the forum topic on how to repair xp but it wont let me reboot from the cd and when entering the boot menu its completely different from the example.

If you can't boot from the cd, what boot menu are you entering into?

I don't know what's going on with your computer, but try this...
Restart your machine and constantly tap the F8 key right after you start up. This should bring you to the Safe Mode selection menu. If you get there, select to bootup in Safe Mode (it may take a few minutes to load into Safe Mode, so be patient)

Once in Safe mode, go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. Run System Restore and try to restore your computer to a date prior to when you first started having problems.