Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Problem With my CH08LS10

• Please log in to reply

ajnast

ajnast

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently completed my first build. It's the best computer I've ever owned and I love how well it works. I've encountered the odd problem here and there inherent with a new computer and have been able to fix it, up til now. I cannot figure out why this has happened and I've scoured the internet, tried updating drivers and firmware...so far to no avail.

I installed LG's CH08LS10. It's a super-multi player that can play Blu-Rays as well (which was the main selling point). I played Wall-E in it to test it out and it worked wonderfully. I was very pleased. But I recently bought a film on Blu-Ray. I'll say it's Serenity and a Universal Studios film because that may be relevant. For some reason during the actual film and the menu the sound only comes out of my left speakers (on a 5.1 system). I've come up with a couple possible reasons and would LOVE some advice or answers to which of these is either most likely or definitely the problem.

1) Universal Studios discs just don't play nice with LG drives.

2) The drive is faulty (I highly doubt this seeing as the Universal opening sequence before the menu sounds just fine).

3) The Blu-Ray disc only has options for a High-Definition 5.1 surround sound when I'm pretty sure I don't have a high-definition sound system (Logitech X-530).

4) The disc itself is damaged (I can see no scratches)

5) The disc is too new and the drive is too old for them to be fully compatible.

That's what I've come up with. There are likely more options out there, but I just haven't thought of them yet. I should also mention that all drivers are up to date and the automatic Firmware Update software that came with the drive doesn't do anything when I start it up, which I assume indicates that there are no newer updates available.

Well that's it! Any and all help would be most appreciated! Thank you!

~Ajnast

Advertisements

ajnast

ajnast

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nobody has any ideas? :)