Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

UNZIP86 Malware

• Please log in to reply

Jojojinks1

Jojojinks1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently I downloaded Daemon Tools and a program which reproduces the date so you can use it within the "Trial Version" date for as long as you want. I noticed another .exe program in the files but never clicked it. Today I accidently did and shortly after my anti virus created numerous popups of the same file usually one called a.exe or a couple others had been discovered. I deleted such as fast as possible. After the barrage of virus files windows would display "Unzip86 has encountered and problem and will be closing." Not word for word. This happened two or three times, always followed by the Unzip86 has encountered a problem.. etc.

Also the computer would prompt unexpectedly with a "Are you sure you want to replace file Scvhost32 with" and it would name an identical file for the replacement. All prompts I answered "No to all."
Note: File name is not identical I can't remember what it was exactly, but I know it was an operating file.

Any websites related to terminating malaware will not open for me, and the one site found in google that looks like it will help will also not open. Web browser is unable to find etc.

I got RootRepeal and did a scan but I have no idea what I'm looking for or at.

First off I truly appreciate any help I can get, this is on area of life I have no expertise. I wonder did the antivirus catching the program early prevent an infection? I'm now unable to uninstall daemon as it just pops up a window with a red x and "1" in the box.

I currently have Avast running on the computer.

Thanks again! Any insight or help will be much appreciated.

Advertisements