Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using Windows PERFMON with networked computers

• Please log in to reply

marquitos_gg

marquitos_gg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone know how to use Windows XP Performance Monitor to view the bandwidth usage of other networked computers on a home network?

My home network consists of:

- a 2wire 1700HG gateway
- a desktop computer running Windows XP Professional
- a laptop computer running Windows XP Professional
- a deksktop running Windows XP Home

All three computers are connected on our home network, with file and printer sharing enabled (successully). What I would like to do now is use Windows performance monitor to view the bandwidth (network interface) of the other two computers. After running PERFMON, I right-click and select "add counters...". However, when I select "select counters from computer:" I can't see the names of the other two computers on my home network. In addition, if I type in the computer names or their IP addresses, I get the message "cannot connect to computer".

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks in advance ...

Mark. V

Edited by marquitos_gg, 14 May 2005 - 10:53 PM.

Advertisements

volcomssj48

volcomssj48

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Did you try it with the 2 backslashes?

marquitos_gg

marquitos_gg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Did you try it with the 2 backslashes?

View Post

Yes, I did. I also used the two backslashes with the other computer's LAN IP address, but I still get the message "unable to connect to computer".