Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CANT LOCATE ACCWIZ.EXE HAVE XP SP3

• Please log in to reply

COLONELH

COLONELH

• Pip
  • 4 posts
PRESSING BOTH SHIFT KEYS DOESNT SOLVE IT

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Yelling is not going to get you help faster. In further replies, use lower case letters please.

When are you getting this message? On startup? What are you trying to do when it happens?

-Jason

COLONELH

COLONELH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Other forums - by Google search - indicate I must go into Control Panel & click on "Accessibility Options", then uncheck relevent boxes. When I click on the above I get "can't find ACCWIZ.EXE on C: Drive"!

I notice that it is possible to download this file (which I did) - but it is for post-SP1 only! I have SP3 installed! No wonder Microsoft is no longer the leading company or software provider in the world anymore! Have you tried "Google Chrome" as a new browser - it is far superior to IE8! THEN THERE IS APPLE ANOTHER DYNAMIC COMPANY & PRODUCTS!

****** So, my problem is: I have FILTER KEYS permanently turned on inadvertently & I can't use my keyboard now it just beeps!!! Beep beep.

How simple things can trash your PC!!

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Alright.. chill man. Getting mad obviously does not solve your problems.

If your accwiz.exe file is corrupted or missing:

First, search 'accwiz.exe' in your C:\Windows\System32 folder. If it is there
then double-click on it see if it works otherwise try the following command.
This command will scan for any corrupted system file and will replace it.

Start > Run > (type in:) cmd

At the prompt:

sfc /scannow

If that doesn't solve the problem then expand the missing file from your
Windows XP CD. To do this try the following command. Replace the first X with your
CD-ROM Drive letter, which is probably D.

expand X:\i386\accwiz.ex_ %systemroot%\system32

If you do not have your XP CD, and the above method did not work, post back and we will try something else.

Edited by OpenOutcome, 06 October 2009 - 07:07 AM.

COLONELH

COLONELH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
None of that worked my friend. I told you that I was able to download the above file & RUN IT. But it will not complete because it is configured for post-SP1 not post-SP3.

At the Command interface I am not able to type certain characters as I am forced into using the Onscreen Keyboard.....my normal keyboard just beeps!

COLONELH

COLONELH

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So, the only thing I can do is wipe my PC & start again correct??!!!