Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

samsung nc10 wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

scrivs9

scrivs9

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
mother in law as passed her samsung nc10 onto me after she couldn't get wirelss connection, I have tried several places (my own and friends) and it just doesn't find any networks even after refresh even though my personal laptop finds 3 to connect to, with a ethernet cable everything is fine.

any help please
windows xp home service pack 3 is on it.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Might get the User's Manual and check the Wi-Fi set up. Some come with a switch which must be on. Then you have to run the Network Wizard to set up a wireless connection.

Easy Network Manager

Software

scrivs9

scrivs9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
thanks for reading folks
managed to get it sorted, it was software that she put on for her internet in France, I didn't know it was there, when she told me I just went into options and let it allow wi-fi connection. What made it harder was the fact it was in French.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
:) I'm glad you found that. I would never have suspected that.