Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS for older EPOX board non-existent!

• Please log in to reply

Ash2theJ

Ash2theJ

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My first post here, so Hello everyone!

I'm updating my old desktop (more RAM, different graphics, new CPU), changed from a AMD Athlon64 3000+ to a 3800x2, and realized that my BIOS for the motherboard was not updated to handle the dual-core(total slip on my part). I cannot find the BIOS revision (05.10.14 from what i've found) or anything newer on a working download site. The model is EPOX EP-9NDA3J, does anyone still have this board or BIOS revision for it to support dual-core? EPOX support has yet to reply to me, if they are still there. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

Found THIS page on google. The eventual link is dead.

Found THIS thread on google... which led to this file name... da3j5a14.zip

Searched google for da3j5a14.zip, and found THIS website (not sure what language the website is... seems eastern)

I downloaded the zip file and it appears to be a bios flash (bin + awdflash), but version is unknown. However, the date of the bin file is 10/17/2005... which is the same date that shows for the version found in the first link... which happens to be the 05.10.14 version you specified.

No guarantees it'll not hose your system... SO USE WITH CAUTION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Ash2theJ

Ash2theJ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That was it! I must have overlooked the file name, as I saw that site too. Thanks a million! I crossed my fingers and flashed ,and BAM, working like a charm! woohoo!

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Good thing it worked! I would hate to have read your reply if it didn't! :)

You're welcome a million! :)