personal virus infection
Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:30 PM
Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:46 PM
Welcome to G2Go.
- Download OTL to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
- Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
- Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.
- Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
- Allow the driver to load if asked.
- You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.
- If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.
- If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.
- On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.
- Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.
- Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)
- When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.
- Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
- Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users