Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows ONLY issue - WiFi Connection

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Alright, facts first. I have a wireless router[NETGEAR something or other] which is still fairly new and currently used fine by the things listed in the topic description. It's broadcasting with WEP security. Yes, I know it's obsolete but it's all the DS can use. And the people around here a stupid enough to connect to an unprotected network, but not smart enough to connect to a WEP one.

The issue here is Windows. Windows XP I couldn't get it to connect, Windows Vista on my girlfriend's laptop I couldn't[managed to in the end though...it was a fluke and I don't remember exactly how.] and now I'm trying out Windows 7 with similar issues. It can connect, I'm even writing this up while on it; but it never stays connected long. I'm not entirely sure why it decides to drop the signal now and then before picking it up..but it's very annoying.

Has anyone got any general or Windows 7 based tips for me? It CAN connect, just need to get it to STAY like that. ;P