Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New to building, need verification if the build works

• Please log in to reply

Witzy

Witzy

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Alright, I know this is my first post so don't know if I will get much help but here it goes...

Ok, so I just got a free computer, a Gateway GT4016. Here's the specs, http://www1.dealtime...4016-Desktop-PC

I just had a few hundred bucks to work with so here's what I came up with...

MOBO: ASRock K10N78M AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

VGA: EVGA 512-P3-N977-TR GeForce 9800 GT Superclocked Edition 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

PSU: LOGISYS Computer PS575XBK 575W ATX12V SLI Ready Power Supply

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor

RAM: PQI TURBO 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PQI26400-2GDB

Please keep in mind, this is the first build I've done, I got everything according to a 300 dollar budget, from my homework I see no issues, but I am not sure. That's why I am here. What I am most concerned about is the RAM voltage, I am wondering if it's sufficient to POST and the use of the old HD. Also note, I do NOT plan on overclocking. I will be using the ATA(or PATA? Can't remember)HD, case, and other small parts.

Thanks for looking!

Advertisements

Witzy

Witzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Bump?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hey mate, sorry for the delay. Everything looks pretty good to me, although I strongly recommend upgrading to a better PSU.