Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Broken CMOS Battery Housing

• Please log in to reply

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Hi All

I have a P4 mobo where the CMOS battery housing has been snapped and no longer retains the battery.

So is the board gone or is there any way to retain the battery - glue, tape etc??

Regards

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP

So is the board gone or is there any way to retain the battery - glue, tape etc??

You take it to a technician and have him solder in the necessary leads and new holder. Glue and tape is not a good idea - you have no clue as to their insulating or conductive properties.

datarunner

datarunner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

You take it to a technician and have him solder in the necessary leads and new holder. Glue and tape is not a good idea - you have no clue as to their insulating or conductive properties.

Hi There

Great - just as I thought.

Regards

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP

Great - just as I thought.

No harm in that, or for asking - no one wants to spend money when not needed. That said, this should be a simple repair task if the contact points can be determine just by looking at the board.