Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Modem and sound issues

• Please log in to reply

Computer Guy AJ

Computer Guy AJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
well I did this for modem with the XP modem driver maybe wrong one? anyways I'll post back when I finish

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Could be and it seems the sound driver may be HD.
Modem driver there are several to choose from.
Also if the modem is not being used because you are using DSL or Cable then I would just disable it.
I can understand if you would rather get it working to get rid of those pesky yellow exclamation marks.
The other driver I would suggest you get for sure is the Realtek RTL81XX-PCi network card.

This most likely is what you need to get network running.
I am expecting you did not have wireless before so this is the most obvious choice for your network card.

Computer Guy AJ

Computer Guy AJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
well the drivers I got could not be read by XP (got wrong ones most likely) So I was digging around a found the dell drivers and resources CD.got curious a plopped it in IT HAD EVERY DRIVER I NEEDED lol I am using XP and on the internet thank you so much! I thought it was a hardware issue but I was missing drivers once again thank you so very much!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible