Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mbps keeps droping from 52 to 11-12

• Please log in to reply

Opo63

Opo63

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi everyone wondering if you could help me, i am not sure what is going on or why my conection is doing this it randomly happens, sometimes for days at a time where i have 12mbps (this is an imposible conection speed for mmorpgs)
i have tryed ipconfig/release,renew and flushdns, i have tryed doing what belkin say (turn everything off count to 10 and turn back on) i dont have a clue what could be doing this, my routers firmware is up to date all of my drivers are up to date, i have also tryed changing the router channel and that ddnt help at all, thank you for reading i would be happy to hear any and all suggestions that you may have. thanks for you time :-)

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

What's your signal strength like when the connection speed drops this low?

Opo63

Opo63

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
its always on excellent im 1 floor up from the wireless and it directly under the pc

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Can you confirm that the connection speed is low between you & the router, as opposed to the Internet connection itself being low please?

Do you have any other computers in the house that connect wirelessly to this router? If so, do they suffer from the same problem?

Have you tried forcing the router to use wireless G only?