Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

computer shutdown

• Please log in to reply

master jester

master jester

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was uploading some pictures from my computer to snapfish, it was like five hundred and some so I left the room to give it time to upload and when I returned my computer was off. I tried to turn it back on but it will not come back on. I have not had any troubles with my computer up to this point and was wondering if theres any trouble shooting I can do to try and get it back on.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This link should get you started in finding your problem.

Start with the column in the center (power supply failure)and go thru the steps. Where you stop is whre the problem is.

The alternative is to find a friend that might have some spare parts lying around to check the computer with. Since i build and repair computers i have lots of friends. You should be able to find someone local to you that can help.