Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver for Camera to PC

• Please log in to reply

praglen

praglen

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have Windows XP and want to upload photos from my mobile phone to my PC, with a USB cable that came with the camera, along with a mini-size CD, which doesn't fit my CD drive. Where can I find the driver? Should I go to the Nokia web site(It's a Nokia 5000 RM-362 camera phone) to find it?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what do you mean the mini cd doesn't fit your cd drive? cd drives are more than capable of playing the mini cds (they can even play square CDs if you can find one)...

praglen

praglen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Well, this may not be a square peg, but it don't fit the center of the disk. No matter; I` downloaded the Nokia PC software package for this cell phone. That's the good news. The bad news is there is nowhere I can find a key to transfer photos from the cell phone to the PC. The instruction booklet doesn't address the problem. Can I find a place/list of options, etc. in the cell phone to download photos?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well....it's possible that your phone won't let you do it....there are a number of phones that don't let you transfer photos directly

does the phone have a memory card in it? or does it just use internal storage?

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Does your phone support Bluetooth?

I bought an inexpensive B/T dongle that I plug in whenever I want to transfer photos across.

You do have to make sure B/T visibility is enabled on all the photos you want to copy (and make sure protection is off), other than that it's really straightforward.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
If you downloaded the proper suite for the phone, it should work.

Downloads for Nokia 5000
How to use Nokia PC suite
How to connect with the cable