Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound after reformat

• Please log in to reply

wiggy123

wiggy123

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hya all,i have just reformated my comp and i cant get any sound i have read all the forums and topics on this subject but still cant get the sound to work here is my log thanx for any help in advance

Edit:HJT log removed

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
first...don't post HJT or any other malware related logs in any other forum than the malware forum...you will just encourage other people to do so which makes our job more difficult

second, have you reinstalled the drivers for your sound card yet? go to the manufacturer's website (if this is a name brand computer like an HP or dell, go to their website) and download the drivers and install them

wiggy123

wiggy123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
sorry i didnt realise i posted it in the wrong place,i have downloaded all drivers my sound card is creative sb audigy 2 wdm

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Press start then run then type devmgmt.msc
then press <enter>

Or

Right click My Computer then choose Manage then Device Manager

Do you see any yellow ? or !