Edited by TRITON4, 08 October 2009 - 09:24 AM.
Blue Screen UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:21 AM
Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:01 AM
1) Start your computer with your Windows XP CD-ROM, or with Windows XP boot disks
2) When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to Repair the installation using the Recovery Console
3) If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation you want to access
4) Type the administrator password when you are prompted, if no administrator password is set then just press Enter
5) At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /R and then press Enter
6) Once CHKDSK has finished checking and repairing the hard drive, type EXIT and press Enter to restart your computer
If this procedure does not work, repeat it and use the fixboot command in step 5 instead of the chkdsk /r command. FIXBOOT writes a new partition boot sector to the system partition. The fixboot command is only available when you are using the Recovery Console.
For more information on FIXBOOT, visit the Microsoft Documentation page for FIXBOOT
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users