Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

extension cables for PSU?

• Please log in to reply

L.Martofel

L.Martofel

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hey there...I'm in the process of putting my new computer together, and I came to the conclusion that for better cable management behind the motherboard plate, I need some extension cables. Anyone know where I can get some? I basically need one for the processor power cable and one for the power cable for the motherboard itself. I didn't see any of them on Newegg.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
BEHIND the motherboard? as in underneath it? that would make tinkering a pain in the butt...if you ever need to replace the PSU you'd have to take the motherboard off

L.Martofel

L.Martofel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

BEHIND the motherboard? as in underneath it? that would make tinkering a pain in the butt...if you ever need to replace the PSU you'd have to take the motherboard off

No, not behind the motherboard itself, but behind the plate that it mounts to. I've already routed about 75% of all my wiring behind it which makes for a cleaner, better air flowing case.

*EDITED TO ADD*

Here's where I got the idea. My case, since it was newer, already had a couple of holes in the base plate already there, but I added one more of my own right by the PSU. I'm still not as clean and streamlined as I would like it to be, but I'm not going to go crazy making a lot more holes in my case.

Edited by L.Martofel, 08 October 2009 - 03:40 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
PSU Cable Extenders

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
I hope that all of the holes that are cut have the edges protected so that the wires do not get cut and short out if the wires shift.

L.Martofel

L.Martofel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

I hope that all of the holes that are cut have the edges protected so that the wires do not get cut and short out if the wires shift.

There's already 2 holes in the case that came that way, and I made one down by the PSU. The one I made, I ground the edges round and smooth, then, I rolled a flap around the top and sides. No edges at all. :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Very good, just checking.
I do like the clean look.