Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing a Orinoco WiFi card?

• Please log in to reply

saraveza408

saraveza408

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
I have a lucent orinoco silver pc24e h fc PCMCIA Wireless Card & I dont have any disk for it or any type of manual or users guide to tell me how to install it.How do I install this wireless card?

please & thank you!

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

One way of acquiring the driver would be to use driversguide.com
You'll need to create an account (it's free) then search for Orinoco pc24e. I've just tried and there are drivers there for this card.

Check the windows version on each driver before downloading. I recommend you download 2 or 3 different ones in case the first one doesn't work.

Once you've downloaded a driver & extracted the files, look for an .exe file (often setup.exe or similar). If there is one, then run it. If there isn't an executable file for installing the driver, the look for a .inf file instead. If you see one of these, all you need to do is insert the Orinoco card & let the New Hardware wizard find it. When it asks for the driver, just browse to the folder containing the .inf file and click on it. The wizard should then tel you if it's found a compatible driver. If not, then try the next driver you downloaded.