Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems after McAfee uninstall

• Please log in to reply

melissa4

melissa4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yesterday I uninstalled McAfee from my computer using Revo uninstaller. Since then, I have been experiencing various problems on my computer, including:

-Inability to download most things online (the only thing I have been able to download and install is AVG virus-free); when I try to download things like Adobe I don’t get an error message, but nothing happens when I click the ‘download’ link.

-Inability to play video on youtube and facebook (and most other websites); again, there is no error message telling me that I need to download something, the video simply doesn’t appear. I have adobe flash and the other necessary programs; I tried to re-download flash but the computer wouldn’t let me download it

-Inability to access my Windows Live mail (doesn’t even get to the sign-in page, the page is blank and simply doesn’t load)

-Inability to access Google Reader (screen is blank, says ‘loading’ at top the entire time)

-Inability to perform a System Restore. Either the dialog box never appears when I click on ‘System Restore’ or it’s a completely blank box.

-Inability to see the images in verification forms (such as registration for a website)

-A few links do nothing when I click on them – such as the ‘select all’ option in my Yahoo mail

All of these problems occurred after I uninstalled McAfee with Revo and before I installed AVG (a time period of about 8 hours) – after installing AVG these problems persist.

I am running Windows XP on a Dell Latitude D610 Laptop, with Internet Explorer 8 (I’ve tried to download other browsers to see if this will solve the problems, but it hasn’t allowed me to download any). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements