Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen after login, MANY stop errors.

• Please log in to reply

aliaov

aliaov

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello ok im rubbish with computers and everything confuses me. If your a computer genius please try and be as simple as possible or else ill probably mess up my computer more :) .

Ok so im in safe mode trying to sort this out and basically i cant get passed login. I type in my password then about 3 secounds later a blue and black screen comes up saying that it wasnt able to start. It comes up with this:

***stop: 0x000000008E (0xC0000005, 0x83BEC8EC, 0x9A3F7970, 0x00000000)

** 00000000B97 - Address 83BEC8EC base at 83BEC000, datestamp 4ab76d9d

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO !!!

Please help me :)

Any help will be soooooooooo much appreciated

Edited by aliaov, 09 October 2009 - 12:03 PM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

This could be a RAM issue.

I'm going to talk you through this one step at a time so I don't scare you! I am assuming here that this is NOT a laptop. If it is a laptop, please do not try to follow the instructions below!

First thing I need you to do is tell me how many sticks of RAM there are in the computer.
You'll need remove the side panel & have a look. In case you don't know what memory looks like, there's a link below to some so you can see what you're looking for:
Memory stick

All you need to do for now is count how many sticks you see. There will be at least one.