Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GATEWAY FOXCONN C51GU01 MOTHERBOARD NEEDS REPLACED - NO VIDEO

• Please log in to reply

Doc1

Doc1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a Gateway GT5082 with no video; bad motherboard that needs replaced. I have read that this is a common problem with the the Gateway FOXCONN C51GU01 Motherboard. This is a BTX motherboard with 939 socket. Gateway also used a FIC KTBC51G LF Motherboard, which is also a BTX motherboard with 939 socket. Does anyone know if these two motherboards are interchangeable?

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

I can't find any info on the Foxconn board but the FIC board is uBTX and measures 10.5in (H) x 10.4in (W).
If the original board is a BTX (or uBTX) form factor then there's reason for the FIC board not to fit in the case.

As for the rest of the specs on the FIC board, it has integrated video plus a PCIe x16 slot, 2 PCI slots, 4 memory slots (DDR33/400), IDE plus SATA and of course a 939 cpu socket. I can't guarantee it will fully support your processor but it probably will.

The only thing you'll probably need to do after the boards are swapped, is re-install the OS.

Hope this helps

Doc1

Doc1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Samm, Thanks for the input. The Foxconn board is also a uBTX, sorry I wasn't clear on this. My mistake that I called both the FIC and Foxconn boards a BTX in my original post. They both have socket 939 and support the AMD 64 X2 3800+. But I don't know about the rest of the specs on the FIC board. You answered one of them in that the FIC board also has onboard video.

Here are some other specs on the Foxconn board.
System Bus Support: 2000 MHz
MCH (northbridge): GeForce 6100
ICH (southbridge): nForce 410
Firmware Hub/SPI: 4 MB
Intergrated LAN: Broadcom AC131 10/100
Integrated Audio: Interface AC97; Model Realtek ALC653
Serial Iinput/Output (SIO): ITE/ITE8712F/IX

My wife uses this computer for internet surfing and word processing. The real issue is do I part out this computer (only 2.5 years old) or find another solution like a different motherboard. The Foxconn board is $250-$300 new and $225 refurbished. A used FIC board is $50-$75. That is why I asked if anyone knew if the FIC board was interchangeable with the Foxconn board. Any additional input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Foxconn website and more directly straight to their Motherboard page. I hope this helps.
I also found this info on the current MOBO HERE which does include the measurements.
These do match with the ones given by Samm for the FIC mobo.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
The link to the FIC board specs is below:

FIC motherboard

Looks to me like the two boards should be pretty interchangeable. It would certainly be a cheaper solution than buying a new computer

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I agree Samm since everything seems to be able to migrate over to the FIC board.

Doc1

Doc1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the input; I really appreciate it. Have a great day!!!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome :)