XP blinking cursor after windows update
Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:54 PM
Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:57 PM
While starting your computer tap the F8 key once every second during the memory count up, or during the system splash screen where you see the system maker's name (HP, COMPAQ, DELL....etc.)
This will result in a text based menu. Use the cursors/arrow keys to navigate to SAFE MODE and hit enter.
Does the problem recur in safe mode?.
Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:40 PM
Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:42 PM
Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:49 PM
Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:12 PM
does your keyboard have an F-lock button?
Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:46 PM
Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:06 PM
Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:22 AM
How to run checkdisk from recovery console (Windows xp). (Courtesy dsenette)
- Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Note:Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.
- When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
Note:If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
- When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
- At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following then press Enter:
- Allow this to run UNDISTURBED until completed (45 min or so)
- Report any errors
Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:15 PM
Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:07 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users