Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant get Firefox browser!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

shroomlady

shroomlady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
oops sorry I just seen the other one in your signature,..

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
since your on dialup I recommend you go to the library or a friends house (that has broadband) to get any downloads...burn them to cd's or a usb flash drive and take them to your system that way...
you really do need a GIG of ram...it will give your system a NICE speed boost

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm not sure what the error message is talking about because according to the picture you supplied your drive has 86% free so there isn't a reason for defrag to be complaining of low disk space.
I'm just going through everything to see what is causing the problem.

shroomlady

shroomlady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok I did the downloads and it defraged I dont know what its problem is either...but I still cant get my games to open on facebook and other pages are real slow also..but its good to know I do have space I was starting to think how in the world could I have already used all that memory I just installed! Thank you for all your patience and help for an ole Granny you be teaching me a few new tricks....I was really blessed the day I found this site..Yall are the greatest!!!!!! Thanks Vic...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Happyrock according to OP she did increase memory to 1 gig in post #12
Well I did the memory upgrade I put in 1GB and this old 2400 was Smokin for about a month now its sluggish again and wont defrag all the way goes to about 18% and quits

shroomlady did the Auslogics Defrag finish?
How about the TFC, did it clean out the temp files and browser cache files?
Do you have anything else running while trying to play the games?
Do you have any problems with any other sites online?

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:
1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

shroomlady

shroomlady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yes the the temp worked and it defragged Im now trying to get the autorun thing and yes I have problems on most all places I go...I just had to uninstall my flashplayer and then it didnt want to let me reinstall it but I finally got it...Man this puter work is exhausting not to mention nerve racking I admire you for all your patientce I dont have much left....I wish I still drank and smoked!!! LOl Will let u know the outcome soon as I finish this next step...Thanks Vic...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I wish I still drank and smoked!!! LOl Will let u know the outcome soon as I finish this next step...Thanks Vic...

:)
Oddly enough I have been sick with bronchitis and pneumonia for the past 2 weeks that I actually stopped smoking now. Drinking I gave up years ago so this is my way of relaxing now. :)
The problem is the age of the system and trying to fix the issue will be more complex as we go but not to worry. I am here till the end. Regardless of the big hammer and throwing out the window accusations that may be said between now and then. :) :)

shroomlady

shroomlady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Sorry to hear youve been sick Hope u get better real soon...Yeah this is my relief since I cant do yard work or anything heavy duty now...Ok I got the autorun man zip it aint plug and play Ha Ha...I only had to delete one thing I hope I saved it the right way...Yeah Hes old but hes good Ole Dell....Let me Thank Ya some more.....its not wanting to upload Ive been trying for 20 mins...Facebook is my relaxer and the way I keep in touch with my kin folk in Louisiana...Well I cant get this text to up load it must be too big....any suggestions? It says the size is 106kb is that too big?

shroomlady

shroomlady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
trying one more time to upload...

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Open Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab, and UN-check:

"IgfxTray"
"PCMService"
"QuickTime Task"
"SunJavaUpdateSched"
"TkBellExe"
"Microsoft Find Fast.lnk"
"Office Startup.lnk"
"Webshots.lnk" ""
"Google Update"

The next file needs to be manually disabled and is only needed if you use multi language on your keyboard. If you do then skip the step.

To turn off just ctfmon.exe go to:

Control Panel then to Regional and Language Options

Click on the Languages Tab then click the Details button

Click on the Advanced tab

Check the box that says Turn off advanced text services option

Click A and then OK

When done restart computer and then:
Run TFC and then run Auslogics Defrag.
Try browser again and let me know how it works now.

Advertisements

shroomlady

shroomlady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Its still acting crazy I almost didnt get back this dialup and nuts tonight cant find server and connection redirected while loading page. Im wondering if thats a lot of the problems. Its just crazy cause it was running so good up to 3 days ago...I sure thank u soooo much...I dont know what happened for it to just get nuts like this...Well good night feel better and Thanks again..Crazzeeei in Ms. Vic...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please Go to
1: STARTand the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter
4. Expand the entry with the DVD\cdrw drive in it and then take a screen shot of it

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

shroomlady

shroomlady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Good morning heres the info u asked for...Vic..

shroomlady

shroomlady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Good morning heres the info u asked for...Vic..

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG
  • untitled.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I see nothing in the pics to show any problem at all with your modem.
Can you tell me what speed is your modem?
14.4, 28.8, 56k