Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm Seeing A Magnifying Glass Translator

• Please log in to reply

Athena28

Athena28

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Hi,

I have something new going on that started a day or so ago.

When my mouse is hovering over a word a small magnifying glass appears (it has a red "A" in it) and next to that are translations of the word my mouse is hovering over. I see a ton of different languages. I didn't ask for this and don't want it. I can't find a program on my harddrive that's causing it. Attached is a snapshot of what I see.

Any thoughts on how to get rid of it? Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• Magnifying_Glass_Issue.JPG

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you've got the google toolbar installed...click on the little blue wrench up in the top right corner, then go to the tools tab...the last item says translate...click the edit button next to that..unclick the first checkbox and press ok

Athena28

Athena28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Boy, do I feel dumb. :) I did use the translator the other day.

Actually, I wanted to keep the translator on the Google toolbar so I didn't want to uncheck it, but when I used the dropdown bar on 'Translate' on the toolbar itself it allowed me to uncheck word translator. The problem then disappeared.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

sandpines

sandpines

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the ssame problem for the past 2 days...and just figured it out a few minutes ago. If you right-click on the Google translator, you get a menu. Just uncheck the "Word Translater" You can still use the translator without the magnifying glass popping up.

TooNew2

TooNew2

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Recently a website I visit had a message in Russian posted; I tried, but was unable to get the new Google 'Translate' button to work on just one paragraph. The default I have in the Firefow browser is to translate into Spanish, or to translate a whole page into English, and nothing I tried did any good with just one line or paragraph. Copying into a mail message in IE also didn't help. Any suggestions? I also tried the Yahoo 'translate' service with no better results.
Am I getting senile and overlooking something simple??