Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recover options for XP

• Please log in to reply

chika10blue

chika10blue

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Im trying to recover my mini dell 1010 back to factory state. I did exactly what the setup guide said to do and its not working. It says to press Ctrl F11 at the start up page. I do that and nothing happens. F11 doesnt even show up as an option. Only F2 and F12. What else can I do? Thanks!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello chika10blue.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

The key combination is CRTL + F11 pushing the keys at the same time at the the DELL SPLASH SCREEN during post. Once you push them then you want to release them. It should go into the recovery partition so you can do a system restore.

chika10blue

chika10blue

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your reply, but it still doesn't work. I've probably tried 100 times now because I thought maybe i was just doing it at the wrong time. Still no good.Any other options?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try entering the Bios and see if the option to start the Recovery from there.
Tap F8 to get to the Advance Boot Menu and see if the Recovery Partition can be accessed from there.