Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need to reset security code on D-Link DI-624 Router

• Please log in to reply

photogken

photogken

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I'm new here, so please pardon me in advance for any non-geek wording I may use! (But...from my experience in knowing just enough to be dangerous...Thank God for Geeks!...especially the volunteer ones!)

PROBLEM: I have had a D-Link DI-624 Router (AirPlus Xtreme G) for a couple of years now and, until now, haven't had a problem with it. Unfortunately, my Dell Laptop crashed recently and now I need to connect it to the router. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the security code is and can't find it anywhere!

(1) Does anyone know of a way to find out what it is? (I've also got a work laptop that is connected to the router, but when I tried to highlight the password, it disappeared.) or...

(2) Can anyone tell me how to change the code? (I also don't have the book that came with it.)

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, in advance for your help!

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go :)

Go here to the --> DLINK website.

The link I gave you should be to your product...

Because you don't have the manual you can download it from the link... Just look for product manual and download it.

I can't help you figure out what the password is on the router

But what I can help you do is reset the modem

Go to page 61 of the manual and follow the instructions there...

Good luck I hope this helps... :)