Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need to upgrade my Video Card & disk space

• Please log in to reply

krisfron

krisfron

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My video card is not the best. I need a upgrade. same with my hard drive. I have a couple of questions.

Regarding video cards:

1. witch video card is compatible with my computer? My current video card is a Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller so that might help you awnser that question (if you need anymore information let me know)

2. Witch video card would cover most game specifications (that is compatible with my computer.)

3. how do I put it in?

Regarding hard drive:

1. How can I find out witch hard drive is compatible with my computer?

2. how can I put it in?

Thank you for taking your time and reading this through.

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
So many questions, but missing some vital information,

It would help determine what you can and cannot do by giving us the specs on the computer you want to do the upgrade on.

Both of your questions will be able to be answered after we get system specs

Jon

krisfron

krisfron

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
is their a program i can use that will accumulate the required information?

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
You can go here http://www.gtopala.com/ and get SIW (System Information for Windows), When you run the program (it may take some time to load) You are going to look for Hardware. Right click it, and say export as text file. After you've done that your can post it here.

krisfron

krisfron

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well im not going to post everything it copied, give me exactly what you need me to post and thats all I will post.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
krisfron

To help you, I ran the SIW software. For me, per amw_drizz instructions, I was only able to get and HTML file.

You will need to upload the file so that we may verify the hardware you have. Without this info, there is no way that we can give you any credible info.

Use the browse button to find the file you saved.
Then use the upload button.
Then manage the file.

Just a note. If you right click the hardware tab as previously stated, we get what we need. No personal info will be sent (no keys to software).

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
IS this a name brand system?
If so what make and model?
If not then we need to know what Motherboard is in the system
The hardware information will give us the following information
Motherboard
Memory
Cpu
Hard drives(s)
Video Card
Cdrom drive(s)

This information is important for the members to help you.
Even the staff members would ask for this same information. Most users cannot give us this information so we have programs that can do it for you and us.
We use no information besides what we need to make a informed decision on the correct advice to give you.