Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help - Trouble Removing Banload FA and SillyProxy DG

• Please log in to reply

smash122

smash122

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am having a lot of trouble getting rid of Banload FA and SillyProxy DG.

I ran Yahoo! AntiSpy and discovered I had SillyProxy DG, a Trojan, 17 Objects, and Banload FA, a downloader, also 17 Objects. I elected to remove these items, and when I re-ran the scan to make sure they were gone, they were still there, only one object a piece instead of 17.

When I tried to restart the computer and run it in safe mode, Windows could not start correctly, so I chose the last good configuration and started it up. There were 17 Objects of each malware again.

I restarted the computer, and this time was able to enter safe mode. Since then, I have run yahoo! antispy in safe mode, and it apparently isn't capable of removing the viruses. I have also run Avast! AntiVirus in safe mode, and it hasn't found anything. I've run superantispyware and xoftspy, and they've either not detected it or haven't been able to get rid of it.

I'm really stuck and don't know what else I can do. If it helps at all, I'm running Windows XP, and yahoo! antispy determined the location of each as:
hkey_local_machine \system\curentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_sys\0000
hkey_local_machine \system\curentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_sysdrv\0000

So far the only noticeable effects of the malware are when I go to click on a result from a search engine, I am often redirected to some other website, and Windows not being able to start correctly after YAS tries to unsuccessfully completely remove it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you need additional information about my computer I will do my best to provide it, though I'm not exactly tech savvy.

Thanks in advance,

Smash

(Currently, the infected computer is still in safe mode, not with networking, but when I finish the virus scan I'm running, I'll download OTL and post the log, unless of course, it works)

Edited by smash122, 11 October 2009 - 11:01 AM.

Advertisements