Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet keeps disconnecting?

• Please log in to reply

KrOniKle-^^

KrOniKle-^^

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey :)

Well, my internet keeps disconnecting me, i tried moving a bit round with the cables since my networkscable is loose..

This only happend after a friend came by and put his computer up here, i only had 1 cable to go in my room and had to put up a switch so we both could connect to the internet..

At first sight it looked like it worked, but when we tested it, we got spikes of disconnects, or not really, but every 2min or so the net stopped for less then a second, enough to disconnect us from chat servers (IRC mainly here), then we tried with some games instead, and we got dcs again, so it wasnt the IRC.. And its only happening to the two of ours computers, the others in my house isnt affected by it in anyway..

Also we're both on Vista 64, and the net icon doesnt show up as disconnected.

Any help would be grately appreciated. Thanks again :)

Advertisements

KrOniKle-^^

KrOniKle-^^

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Anyone around? :/

BlueEyedSamurai

BlueEyedSamurai

• Pip
  • 7 posts
So the disconnects started happening after you put a switch in your room? What if you connect back the old way (what is the old way)?

What model switch is it? Did you buy it new?

Can you please add some additional information.

- Samurai