Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malwarebytes not working, Please help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

xcyper22

xcyper22

• Pip
  • 1 posts
*Copy pasted from malwarebytes forums*

THE ONE THING that combats Security Tool AND I CANNOT GET IT TO RUN ON MY COMPUTER. WHY THE [bleep] IS THAT?! 1ST when I D/L it from THIS computer the installer doesn't create mbam.exe. I then d/l'd it from my dad's computer and put it on a flash drive and put it on this computer and I get these STUPID runtime errors '0' and '440'. These are SERIOUS issues and I know I'm not the only one experiencing them. You guys need to address these issues immediately.

Anyway PLEASE help me! How do I fix this problem? Security Tool hasn't completely taken over my computer, I deleted alot of the stuff though safe mode and for now popups are appearing. But I'm really afraid that anytime it will unleash its full onslaught on my computer. So here is what i'm asking:

1. Help me get Malwarebytes working on this computer
2. Help me KICK SECURITY TOOL'S ***!

---
Hope this helps. I ran Root Repeal and this is all it could find:

ROOTREPEAL © AD, 2007-2009
==================================================
Scan Start Time: 2009/10/11 14:16
Program Version: Version 1.3.5.0
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
==================================================

Hidden/Locked Files
-------------------
Path: C:\Left 4 Dead\left4dead\models\hybridPhysx\airliner_fire_mit2.ani

Path: C:\Left 4 Dead\left4dead\models\hybridPhysx\airliner_fire_emit2.ani

Path: c:\documents and settings\past\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\wptbtgqp.default\sessionstore.js

Also, I've made progress with Malwarebytes but it still isn't working. The 'runtime' error messages have disappeared because I found a fix. But now another problem: 'Malwarebytes error code: 723 (2,0) The system cannot find the file specified'

Advertisements

chamber

chamber

Face Burnin' Malware Fighter

• Visiting Consultant
  • 2,712 posts
Being helped here.

http://www.malwareby...p...=27481&st=0

Please don't post at multiple sites, it's an enormous waste of time.

Topic closed.