Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help installing hp printer software

• Please log in to reply

proudtexan

proudtexan

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
i have had numerous trys with hp tech support with no resolution to my problem. i am trying to install the full drivers that come with my officejet 4550 all in one. no matter what i or tech support trys nothing succeeds. wel they will never really try hard and dont really listen. im running vista 64bit and the error im getting is describe here http://h10025.www1.h...product=3645097. i even gone thru the steps on that site me need help.

Advertisements

chhenn

chhenn

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am not pleased its just not me who cannot get the HP printer to be recognised, likewise I found their support half hearted, which for a large company seems a bit arrogant, my HP product is no longer supported either. I find it soul shrinking when I can forsee the number of hours which will be lost following further procedures. One of the support suggestions was to "msconfig" and reset all the settings in safe boot, I have no idea where this would have led to. I would be interested to know how many hours you have clocked up on this problem. Best of luck and sorry I cannot help.

proudtexan

proudtexan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
oh its not the printer its self its the software that came with the printer that i need to install in order for some fuctions to work. there tech support folks seem like there just shooting in the wind. i have to tell em over and over this isnt working but im ready to call hp hq get a fire under there [bleep] since the tech folks have all kinds of reasons why they dont listen