Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

registry folder

• Please log in to reply

yanniv

yanniv

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
OK so I needed to add some registry folders in order to make a game work. Now that i don't want the game because it takes space, i want to delete those registry folders but have no idea where they are or and how to delete them.
What damage does registry folders do anyways?

THanks

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :)

Can you find the instructions you used to modify the registry in the first place?

Leaving that kind of stuff in the registry does nothing to slow your computer down and can be left there. Uninstalling your game from Start Button > Control Panel > Programs and Features will remove the game from your system.

yanniv

yanniv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
no the game is not listed in program and features its a game I copied all the files from my friend to my computer and had to install 4 registry folders.They asked me they may damage somethings but i still accepted to install the registry folders. And now i can delete the game.But the installed registry folders will stay somewhere. And i want to uninstall THOSE folders. How Could I? (i heard of a special program ``regedit``)

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
You should not be messing with the registry if you don't know what you're doing. Like I said before, you can leave the "folders" which are actually called keys or values there without any detrimental effects to your system.

If you deleted the games files, then don't worry about the registry and leave that there.