Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Win32/Olmarik.NV trojan

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
10/12/2009 8:11:12 PM HTTP filter file a variant of Win32/Olmarik.NV trojan connection terminated - quarantined ATG-WINXP\Alpesh Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe.

The above is the log that adds up in NOD32. Its eating up my processor. The thing is every time i start my pc NOD32 does this startup scan. When i dial out my internet connection firefox opens up with an extra tab added to my already existing tabs www.meetlocalpeople.org & at same time i get the above notification from NOD32. The Pc keeps on working fine. But i see unusual spikes in the processing tab even when it idle. After few hours i get a winlogon.exe Application Error & it i click ok and continuw pc restarts. If i keep it aside and keep working all is good but then i cannot shut it down. Finally i had to turn off the power to switch off the pc. There were some instances when explorer.exe also gave application error & its all just too messed up. When i started getting this problem i changed my antivirus from Vipre to NOD32 and update my Windows Xp to SP3 and all updates there on.I have bit of computer know how so i tried following one of the thread (http://www.geekstogo...an-t253341.html)on this forum just so if i could get it done by myself but got stuck in between.

So please someone out there help me please. :)

Alpesh D

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.