Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop trouble

• Please log in to reply

glassman9

glassman9

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi all

i have an acer aspire 5520 and one day it just turned off. now when i turn it on it goes on for a couple secs and turns off then back on and off. ive tried changing ram pulled the hard drive. im at my wits end!!darn thing is only 16 months old. if anyone can help you may save me from a complete meltdown!!

thanx

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi glassman, Welcome to the GeeksToGo forums.

If your system starts to load and shuts itself off before showing you a Windows logo or loading screen then there is probably something physically wrong with your system. Eliminating the RAM and Harddrive, my first guess is that either the fans aren't working properly (or are clogged up with dust) and your computer is shutting itself to prevent damage from overheating, or there is a short circuit somewhere else in the hardware.